Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Independent

We've had our 3rd drill. We've celebrated our birthday and we've said our goodbyes to the family. If I hear one more..."What are you going to do while Lee is gone?" or "How are you holding up?" or "I'm thinking about you." I'm tired of feeling like a victim but I'm making Lee laugh because I hold my breath when I get anxious and clean like crazy. He's coming back. It's not forever. Every obstacle brings a new adventure. This is me being positive. Make me laugh. Tell me stories. Don't feel sorry for me or us for having to be apart. My soldier is a warrior. Hy husband is a Hero. Ha and I'm his "dependent" according to my Military ID Card. See below for a bit of my favorites from Theodore Roosevelt: Man in the Arena. "It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat." "Citizenship in a Republic,"Speech at the Sorbonne, Paris, April 23, 1910

No comments: