Wednesday, January 18, 2012

decorating with chanel

If you checked out my home tour updates HERE as mentioned THERE, then you noticed my Chanel poster.

Back-story: I worked for Chanel cosmetics in college at a local department store and when new ads went up, we obviously took the old ones down. I took a few home but over the years I have only managed to keep up with this one. My favorite.

Back-back-story: Scandal struck on 15 September 2005, when London’s Daily Mirror ran the story with the headline “Cocaine Kate” and photographs of Moss at a Babyshambles studio recording, allegedly cutting cocaine. Doherty claimed that it was his former manager, James Mullord, who sold the photographs to the newspaper for over £150 000.


A number of sponsors and international companies were not amused and immediately dropped Moss from their campaigns. One of these was Swedish fashion retailer H&M, which had planned to use Moss for their Autumn clothing range, designed by Moss’ friend Stella McCartney. Chanel stated it would not be renewing Moss’ contract, due to expire in October 2005, but insisted it had nothing to do with the drug scandal. Keira Knightley became the new face of the Coco Mademoiselle fragrance. via

And all I know, immediately following this news, Kate Moss came down and Keira Knightley went up. I took Kate home and hung her in my apt and then over the years she's become lost in the back of a closet whenever I move. That is...until I came across these:





 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My Kate poster reminds me of how much fun I had with Chanel. I met Lee during that time too! And I persevered. Sometimes I worked over 40+ hrs/wk to pay my bills in college but I loved it. Well, most of the time. I know I learned a lot about myself and others in the real world having that job...On another note, my besties at the other counters and I gave each other makeovers and worked on different techniques when business was slow. We'd always start with, "Wanna play makeup?" Best college job eva. Eva. So now I'm trying to find the perfect frame for Kate. Her current disposition:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
What you don't see is my sheepskin rug . Feels good on my tooties when you're at the sink.

No comments: