Wednesday, November 7, 2012

girl power

On Monday night I came home to a bent flag pole. The flag was tilted down and I had to remove it from the house to prevent the flag from touching the ground. I surprised myself when tears sprung to my eyes. The thought of removing our flag until I could replace the pole, even if for a day, was heartbreaking. To not have a flag up on Election Day and especially while Lee is deployed really made me sad.
I had a hair appointment right after work yesterday and then I raced to Lowe's to get a flag pole. It was 8:30 at night but I got one!
You should have seen me in the front yard still in my work clothes up on the ladder fastening the pole to the house, etc. I'm sure my neighbors think I'm crazy. I guess I could have changed first. Ha!
But she's up!
























When that was done, I noticed a puddle on the sidewalk. Knowing it hasn't rained in days, I can only assume there is a busted water pipe. Sheesh. It never ends. Fingers crossed it's the city's responsibility and not mine. Dang Lee boy jobs are relentless.

No comments: