Friday, December 9, 2011

Fancy Dinner w/ Friends

*Friendamily: Family but not by blood. Friends so close to you that you can't imagine your family without including them too.

We're having our friendamily over for our (newly established) Annual Friendamily Christmas Dinner tonight in lieu of exchanging gifts. AND we're going all out! Just checkout this menu:
Hors oeuvre: Pecan crusted cheese ball gingerbread man and crisp wafers

Starters: Deviled eggs and warm rolls w/ cranberry relish compote

Main: Succulent USDA Prime Rib with creamy horseradish and fresh jus drippings alongside whipped mashed potatoes, southern cornbread dressing, a creamy broccoli rice casserole, and a sweet corn hash

To End: Crème Brule with fresh berries

*Spirits: Pinot Grigio, Cabernet Sauvignon, Petit Syrah, Southern Iced Tea, (insert name of town) finest water

I know I showed you a PEEK at how I was playing with the table setting but I decided to remove the table cloth. I wasn't crazy about the colors. We have a square 8 seater table and I have discovered that setting a square table is tricky tricky.
  


Even the little guy (Nick & Kristie's son, Kaden) in our lives has a special place at the table:
 

I'll take a pic of the whole table tonight when the feast is set.  Here's the gingerbread man after he was born and before he was covered and stuck in the fridge:
Cheese ball Recipe:
(2) 8oz cream cheese
1 pkt of Hidden Valley Ranch mix
1 1/2 cup of shredded sharp cheddar
1 1/2 cup of shredded mild cheddar
1 1/2 cup of chopped pecans
*mix and mold to your liking and sprinkle more chopped pecans on top of desired shape

1 comment:

Lindsay Swoboda said...

Lovely place setting! I know...I have DREAM table that would work everytime I wanted to dress it up!