Wednesday, December 14, 2011

real tall elf

I mentioned heading up Project Elf again this year, HERE! Yesterday I fulfilled all the Dear Santa lists that were unaccounted for by our employees. Unfortunately, times are tough and not as many lists were picked up this year. Still, we had a great turnout and I'm thankful for that. I took my company card and finished the lists off by shopping till I dropped. As frustrating as my work can be, my company is incredibly giving. I went to 3 WalMart stores and 1 of them twice, Target twice, Toys R' Us, and the mall to fulfill all the little tike's wishes.
One of many of the carts I unloaded:















Last night, I worked my elf hands overtime stuffing and labeling each bag with the appropriate name late into the night. Thank goodness dad was in town to let me use his truck. Lee and him both helped me load and deliver all the bags, bikes, and portable basketball goals this morning to Santa HQ.
Next week Santa is having an open house viewing. This event allows all volunteers and donors to see their elf work. They have a huge warehouse and all the toys are organized by control number before the foster families arrive to pick up their child's fulfilled Santa List. Neat, huh?

No comments: