Monday, March 2, 2009

And I Write

Untitled No need to enlist me Yet I force a positive front and battle every day Time passes progressively While I wait for my soldier to be ordered away No rifle do I carry No march to which I sing I do not wear a uniform Only a diamond ring I vow to keep going And wait the day he comes home Pay the bills, clean the house, make dinner And do it all alone I am the wife of a Hero; a United States Soldier I will do all I can I will do this not only because he is my husband But because I love, honor and respect this man Grrr Bears are strong, You are tough. You said, “Yes.” I said, “No” to that Army stuff. Bears hibernate And so will I. When you’ve gone to Basic, In hiding I will cry. Bears protect their own, While the Army I struggle to support, So that you can you fight for America I will do my part to hold down our fort. I am a soldier’s wife, “Grin and bear it” I will do, We’re in this together, I am so very proud of you.

1 comment:

Eric and Lar Holquin said...

hey i just wanted to let you know that my friend lisa's husband is in the airforce and has been deployed for several times for different lengths of time. she wouldn't mind talking to you about things if you wanted to-she's on facebook so it would be easy:) just let me know if you're interested in talking w/ her!! love ya friend:)