Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Give Me 20

I get home every evening at approximately 6pm. Should I not need to go to the grocery store, stop by the bank, meet someone for dinner, etc… It’s been very hard to commit to an exercise routine. Even more so that exercise winds me up like the Energizer Bunny making it very difficult to sleep at night.
However, the more time I spend in the heart hospital, the more I have started to realize the importance of being heart healthy. I made a commitment this morning. Actually, last night I told Lee to push me out of bed so that I could begin my commitment. I like my sleep. Yes. I gotta have my straight 8, but this morning I woke up at 6 am and ran on the treadmill for 20 minutes. (After Lee turned on every light in the bedroom, jumped on the bed and made Cooper lick my face.) Baby steps. I plan on doing that-minus the forced wake up call-the rest of this week. Next week I think I’ll add a slight incline. I figure 20 minutes a day will be better than nothing. By starting off the day right, I hope that my diet for each day will follow suit.

I took my grandma a giant balloon bouquet after work yesterday. The bouquet included a huge cow. Just a friendly reminder to “milk it for all its worth.” I think the cow balloon has become my standard get well balloon. I love balloons. Grandma is in and out of a sleepy haze now. She’s still on her meds in ICU and the meds make her extremely sleepy. It’s nice to just stare at her though.

Cheers to being heart healthy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Way to go Erin! I am so happy to hear that your Grandma is doing better. I wish her the best in her recovery! ; )