Tuesday, June 16, 2009

His Voice

His voice brings tears to my eyes and his words make me belly laugh. I do hope I get another love letter today. I've gotten 3 so far... and I've gotten a 5 minute phone call from Lee for a quick briefing. At 15 seconds, I was like, "What do I say in 15 seconds?!" "I love you, bye." And that was it. They are overbooked so his training is delayed a week, therefore delaying his graduation. Ultimately, that is one more week I have to wait to see him. He will be in Reception for another week. Waiting. He's had his dental checkup, vision and hearing test, shots...He had 4 shots in his left shoulder at the same time, 1 shot in his right forearm, one shot in his left butt cheek and 4 vials of blood taken! He's a pincushion. He got fitted for his running shoes and combat boots. He's got his ACUs and his hair has been shaved. He's done everything you do to process in the first week so I'm not sure what he'll do this week while he waits. i carry your heart with me i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart) i am never without it(anywhere i go you go,my dear; and whatever is done by only me is your doing,my darling) i fear no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet) i want no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true) and you are whatever a moon has always meant and whatever a sun will always sing is you here is the deepest secret nobody knows(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) ee cummings

No comments: