Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Bzz'n Around Pittsburgh

I've been plucked and planted in Pittsburgh this week for work. We're establishing a new office and I'm the Project Lead. In the last 24 hours I've bought everything from toilet paper to a refrigerator. Crazy.
Anyway...this past weekend Lee had his first OCS (Officer Candidate School) Training Drill. While he was sweating through a ruck march, I attended a cookout at Nick and Kristie's house. We stuffed our faces and then played volleyball until the sun went down. Seriously, I can't wait to play volleyball with friends all Summer. It was a blast. We're absolutely terrible but partly because we're too busy laughing at each other rather than focusing on the ball.
I DID notice that I was a weekend feature on Remodelaholic for my yellow door post! Pretty sure I felt like pigs were flying and worms had ears when I saw my name in lights. OK. There weren't lights but...still.
Do you piddle? I piddle through stores when Lee is gone. Shopping for nothing particular. Sometimes I leave with nothing and sometimes I leave with things like this:

Pier 1: $19

Note: They have a smaller one for $14 but I only saw it online because they didn't have it in the store. Also, I was at another Pier 1 today and the price was significantly more for the same piece I got last weekend. Weird.

No comments: