Monday, May 10, 2010

Pitcher Finds New Home

Lee and I headed to my hometown for the weekend to celebrate Mother's Day. We went in and out of our favorite stores throughout the day on Saturday. After finding some mandavillas to finish Grandma's front porch flowerbed, mom found these perfect pink tulips to stuff in an old pitcher she had been using on the back patio. After college, mom and dad had turned my old bedroom into a pink beachy guestroom. The tulips fit in perfectly.
Summers were spent vacationing near white sand and cozy beaches. My old bedroom showcases some of my favorite treasures from those trips. The picture below is from a Summer in Destin, FL with some of my cousins. In case you haven't figured it out yet, I'm the one laughing with my mouth wide open. I think I was still in high school here. The shells were either gathered during a walk on the beach or leftover from my our beach wedding.

No comments: