Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Leader of the Pack

I battled a head cold all of last week and the yucky-ness settled in my chest just in time for the weekend. Mom and dad spent the night at my house Friday evening and she brought me a Benadryl to dry me up. I was able to sleep like a rock that night. Note to self: Keep stock of Benadryl in the house.
MENTIONED Lee being the Platoon Leader this month.  Since the conclusion of last month's drill, he has been carrying out his duties all month and he acted them out this past weekend. He also led the OCS holiday luncheon. My MIL, nephew, mom, and dad accompanied me to have lunch with Lee. It was nice to finally meet the people Lee tells me about each month. Putting faces with names makes everything seem more real, ya know? We played Dirty Santa and ate a stereotypical holiday catered meal. It was a brief 1 hr 1/2  visit. We were then given a boot out the door so the soldiers could carry out the remainder of their agenda for the weekend!















After pretending my cold didn't exist all day, I was ready for a nap when my guests departed. I did wake up to watch my boys beat Nebraska to win the Big 12 Championship. Boomer Sooner!








The remainder of my weekend consisted of homework, homework, and more homework. When Lee got home he seemed like a completely different person since his evaluation passed him with flying colors. I could totally tell his stress bomb had been released. Cheers!

4 comments:

Morgan said...

Benadryl is a must in our house.

Nate took some last night and was in bed before 9.

Are you feeling better?

Erin said...

Tons! Thanks! I only have the annoying cough. Do you know that I had never used Benadryl?! Insane. It's a must-have in our household now.

Charlie and Stacy said...

Love your vest :) I've been looking for a good one!

Erin said...

Thanks, Stacy! I got it at Dillards after Christmas last year. Glad I did. I want a longer one now. One that's not so cropped.