Friday, November 9, 2012

keep'in it real

Yesterday was a long emotional day. I woke up early to drive to Lee's hometown for a funeral and drove home afterwards. My SIL's sister was in a tragic accident and the service was heartbreaking. It's difficult going to these types of things without Lee too. After a draining day, the last thing I wanted to do was turn around and drive back home. I'm used to Lee driving or splitting it with him.
I'm stepping in as super aunt this weekend to help with my nephew's dance competition since my SIL has a lot on her plate right now. I'm actually kinda excited to do so too! Lee's family lives a good 3 hours away and that makes it hard to be involved with our niece and nephew's extracurricular activities. This comp is nearby and I'm more than happy to help when I can. I'm making the most of this weekend with my nephew and then I'm going to get real lazy when the comp is over because it has been one crazy week.
Be sure to remember our Veteran's this weekend too! I have a special guest blogger this weekend to tell you all about it. Gosh, I can't imagine what is what like to be a military spouse way back when. Communication was horrible...

No comments: