Monday, November 12, 2012

weekend deets

On Friday night I opened my Christmas present from Lee.
I know I know...I just can't help myself. I can't stand surprises. Don't get me wrong. I love getting them, I just don't like knowing about it. The looming unknowns drives me nuts! (i.e. Army)
Super excited that he got me the sewing and embroidery machine I have been eyeballing since finishing my photography courses. I needed a new challenge to keep me busy and I'm pumped about learning how to reupholster Craiglist finds and monogram everything in sight. Thinking about pranking Lee and embroidering his name in all of his underwear! That would be a funny find for when he comes home. 
I ripped the box open and immediately started reading the instruction manual to refresh my memory on how to use the darn thing. It's been YEARS since I have used a machine. I wound and threaded a bobbin, set a bobbin, figured out how to upper thread a needle and stitch! Progress!
I watched a tutorial and bought some fabric to make a scarf too!
On Saturday I was a stand-in dance mom for my SIL from 9am-10pm at a workshop my nephew attended. Long day but it was fun to be there with him and for him.
I did a mask on Sunday and sent a picture to Lee. Mask or mime?
I tested out my grandma's sheath cake recipe too. Not as good as hers yet but I'm working on it!

No comments: