Friday, March 19, 2010

Let's Study

Today we continue building my House Beautiful ideal-at-the-moment dream home. We are turning the corner to enter the study. I want this room to be a cozy, eclectic, creative space that provides a relaxing vibe to anyone that enters. You can pen a story, pay the bills, read a book or cruise the Internet in this room. I skimmed the images from House Beautiful of potential favorites for this room and came up short. Many images were too formal. I found a few but they lack the bit of glamour that I want to peek into the room. See below for the somewhat ideal images I did find.
This says, "let's get creative" to me. It's interesting. I would prefer a pair of these from Restoration Hardware or find something similar with a better price tag.
I could easily curl up with a good book in here but I would find it hard to mustard enough enthusiasm to do anything other than that.
This room has the fresh white look that I like BUT it has too many little accessories. Bigger is better and less is more for me.

2 comments:

Charlie and Stacy said...

TJ Maxx sometimes has amazingly cute chairs and they are usually less than $200. Almost every time I walk in there I find a chair I love.

Erin said...

Great idea! I'll keep a lookout the next time I'm in there. I'm usually looking at the shoes...haha