Wednesday, March 17, 2010

O’ Savannah

Today kicks off the 186th Annual St. Patrick’s Day celebration in Savannah, Georgia. This famous city is recognized as the second largest St. Patrick’s celebration in the world. Thousands of people come from all over the world to witness the event. Not only will Savannah host as parade, but locals pride themselves in turning the river green by pouring food coloring into the Savannah River. This gigantic event occurs on Savannah’s famous “River Street.” Savannah, GA is near and dear to my heart. My dad was raised in this historically famous and quirky city. Learning history has always been easy for me because my dad tells the best stories. I admire his intelligence and of course, his stories.When the timing is right, I would sincerely love to find my own nest to settle into in Savannah. Every couple of years my family and I find our way back to Savannah to rejuvenate our happy hearts with all Savannah has to offer. I have enclosed a few pictures from our most recent trip, dad included:)

Clockwise: Dad and me at Forsyth Park, Pier on Tybee Island, One of the many beautiful trees in Savannah, view from River Street one evening

No comments: