Thursday, September 15, 2011

Toot (Thought by Erin)

I fear that the Army will completely take over our way of thinking. I'm a toot your own horn kinda gal. I ask why, how come, how can we do that better, and my favorite...Are you sure?
I don't like blending in. I like speaking up and standing out.
Lee and I are both leaders. Growing up, we have each held many leadership positions and I know Lee will make a more than great officer. I can only hope that he continues to toot HIS own horn. 
I struggle with these new acquaintances we're meeting. I'm not sure I'm ready to blend my personal life with these strangers. Yes, Lee has known them for over a year now, but not me! Sometimes I feel like I'm drowning in a sea of new information. These people are becoming household names and influencing our way of making decisions. Brakes, please.
I teeter on calling them strangers because I know in my heart of hearts that this is the Army family that will love and protect my soldier when I cannot.
So much I want to tell you, but still too soon.
I hold my head up high and smile. We wait.

No comments: