Thursday, June 3, 2010

Hammock Room

Soon, I will be showing you the inside of my current home, but right now it looks like my dreamy tour is continuing as the party is taken outside:
Loving the pops of color and different patterns throughout this patio. The shaded area creates a cozy spot for a lazy afternoon. I would also eat dinner out here every chance possible.

Image: House Beautiful

Recently, we attended a yummy BBQ at our friend's house; aka Jacob and Taylor. I hadn't been in their backyard since last Summer. I was immediately taken back by their backyard Hollywood Sprinkles. They're landscaping was beautiful. I envied her gorgeous lemon trees in huge masculine pots. She accented the trees with the perfect "something" too. Everything from her new outdoor rug to the splash of color in her seat cushions added coziness. We could have spent all night out there drinking lemonadas if work wasn't calling the next day...

Last night I spent the evening pulling weeds and sweeping the back patio in the backyard. I wiped down the patio furniture and sweat bullets. It's amazing how a broom and some sweat can totally transform a place.

Note: I say, "Hollywood Sprinkles" when something needs to be or has been added to make a space spectacular. (Ex. This is just the rough draft, I still need to add my Hollywood Sprinkles.)

No comments: