Wednesday, May 11, 2011

And I Count

Lee makes fun of me when I count, but I'm going to anyway.
For 1-American Airlines made me a really mad person on Monday. So much so that I will not be flying with them again. Not that I normally do, but they had the earliest flight landing in Pittsburgh today. However, they are sticklers about their "shutting the terminal door 10 minutes prior to departure" policy. I literally sprinted from gate to gate and missed the door closing by 2 minutes and the mean woman wouldn't open it for me and I watched the plane depart! I say mean because she was so matter of fact and gave no explanation. I wish I had remembered to get that mean woman's name but I was too made to speak and afraid of what would come out. Ha! Instead, I walked in the direction of her POINTED FINGER to speak to an operator on their rebooking phone.  I then walked to my new gate to stand at the counter to wait for someone to print my new boarding pass but the 3 people behind the counter were too busy training one another to see me. I listened to them announce my gate change and walked to my next new gate(where I had been previously) and waited yet again for 3 other representatives to ignore me. Thankfully, a young attentive attendant came to my rescue and assisted me. Normally, I shrug bad customer service off as someone having a bad day but my experience with the faces of American Airlines proved to be poor over and over again. Very poor.
And for 2-I got to my golf tournament late! We invited a couple of customers to golf with us and I missed the first 5 holes.
And for 3-None of that stopped me from winning the Longest Putt Contest! I didn't know I had it in me.

3 comments:

Eric and Lar Holquin said...

aaahhh!! i'm sorry that you had a bad experience with them too:( i also am not a big fan of AA. they have lost my luggage-once, and delayed my flight and caused me to have to sprint through terminals at 2 different airports in hopes that i didn't miss my connection. luckily i made it, both times-barely. last person to board. stupid. think i'll stick to another airline in the near future:(

Erin said...

Geez. I hate losing my luggage. I've had my fair share of mad dashes to the local drug store to stock up on granny panties and mascara until my bag is found. haha

Mallory said...

I have only flown American Airlines once and I refuse to fly them again. The attendants were MEAN and unhelpful. The flight was overbooked, so we were late departing because no one would volunteer to take the next flight. The plane was nasty! You would think during all of that time of delay they would clean it - No. I was squished in a tiny row with a gigantic man that should have paid for two seats. And the A/C wasn't working properly. Not good.