Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Maybe Next Year

If there were one event that I could have a precious invitation extended to me...OK two because the 1st one would be the Oscars, but the second would most definitely be The Met Costume Institute Gala. This is the super bowl of fashion and the eye candy is A-mazing. To me this is the ideal red carpet you don't want to miss. Stars take chances and often make fashion risks that go down in the history books fashion history books and last night was no exception.
Exhibit A. Who can forget the plaid number adorn by Mr. Alexander MQueen and the one and only SJP?!





















This year Christina Ricci went for it. She can totally rock scary. Look at the fit and the train on that thing.
 

I must point out that I'm drooling over this clutch and MUST locate a look alike.

Who doesn't want to be friends with these two lovely peeps?!

Lucky luck girl that Blake Lively. I would like her hair and to be friends with her friend Mr. Chanel. Wowzers. Although, I'm not digging her toga.

My ultimate favorite dress of the evening goes to the genetic freak of nature, Gisele. Stunning. Really.
 
Awe. Diane Kruger gets it right almost every time. She is the girl whom I would steal a closet.  Yes, please!
I don't care what you say. I am mesmerized by the Olsen empire. Ashley's puffy sleeves aren't too much for the the Met. Loving her vintage Dior.




















Other honorable mentions include: Brooklyn Decker, Zoe Saldana, Anna Wintour.

No comments: