Tuesday, May 3, 2011

This Kid

I'm constantly taken back by my hubby's selflessness. He rarely boasts about himself and I often find out about his accomplishments by default. (Like this past weekend he suggested I come to a Veteran send-off???)
This kid had a long day at work and then went to a local college to prepare for tomorrow night's Veteran send off. Lee has been diligently working to get his company to sponsor Oklahoma Honor Flights. This program pays the way for World War II Veterans to fly to Washington D.C. to visit their memorial. And tomorrow...we're paying tribute to 100 Oklahoma World War II Veterans and sending them off to D.C.
Current estimates identify less than 3 million remain of the 16 million in uniform during World War II. It's important that these heroes understand the depth of our gratitude for the blood shed and the sacrifices made during World War II.
Lee wants us to participate next year by being Guardians. Guardians pay their own way and assist the heroes by helping them feel comfortable every step of their trip.
This kid is still learning to fold our towels and make the bed as my OCD self prefers but I discover more and more each day that I have a whole heck of a lot more to learn from him.

1 comment:

Eric and Lar Holquin said...

that is awesome!! you have a great man, my friend:) love ya!!