Wednesday, August 24, 2011

replaced a mailbox

I really wish I would have taken picture of it but take my word for it-our mailbox needed to be replaced over a year ago. It had these wooden panels that I tried to paint black to conceal the already rotting armor it had to conceal the already rusted box underneath. Ugly. Horrible. Knowing we were having company last weekend, I decided that it was time to do something about this mole of a mailbox. Lee was obviously busy so I took it upon myself to replace the mailbox!
I went to Lowe's and selected a classic black mailbox.
Came home and grabbed my pink Philips screwdriver and removed the old box from the post.
Placed the new box onto the post
Then screamed for Lee's help to locate longer screws. Ha! The old ones were too short.
And ta-da! New mailbox on post.

No comments: