Monday, June 25, 2012

weekend deets

Friday
The Hibiscus mom and dad got me for my birthday finally bloomed!
I left work a bit early to get my 3.5 hour drive over in enough time to be at my destination by the time Lee finished training since it was his birthday. Lee had told me he would be done at set time. Set time came, passed and I waited some more-then he finally made it. I regret using some of my PTO time at work but I doubt the Army will bid me an apology for changing their minds for Friday's agenda...
When Lee finally got to Nana's we warmed up his food, opened presents and ate dessert. Fast. He then scurried to bed since his alarm needed to go off at 4:30am. Yikes! Late night family pic before bed on Lee's birthday and the wrapping of Lee's new combat boots his mama and Nana gifted him:
(I gifted him a pocket size Nikon camera to take with him on his upcoming adventures.)

Saturday
I spent the day antiquing with my MIL. Before heading home we grabbed a pick-me-up at Braum's. We were nice and got some ice cream for Nana and a large chocolate shake (his favorite) for Lee too. Lee's went into the freezer of course.
When he finally came home, Coop was right by his side resting his head on Lee's lap while he devoured the shake:

Sunday
Lee left before 6am. I couldn't go back to sleep so I gathered up Coop and left too.  I was out of the house by 6:10am and on my way home. Nothing exciting to report other than my little cousin Kaylor's unicorn birthday cake. Her birthday is the day before Lee's. Super cute:

No comments: