Tuesday, July 19, 2011

where the magic happens

Remember this fabric I had curtains made into for our bedroom:








I took our down comforter out of our KING size boring brown duvet to see if it would work for the FULL size duvet in one of the guest rooms. Those duvets always run big...anyway-it worked. So then I was tossing around the idea of getting a new filler for our boring brown duvet or get a brand spank'n new comforter. I like the idea of a duvet because I wash ours a lot but I figure I can drop a comforter off at the dry cleaner since we go every other week. Also, I'm not a huge fan of our duvet bc it doesn't completely cover our tall pillow top mattress. I need something wider that will hang lower. Like this:















Hello, Kate Spade! I'm really hoping this will look like dynamite next to my curtain's fabric swatch.

Our walls aren't that blue but they are Martha's Cake Stand Blue:

















I'm not getting the complete set bc I'm not into that anymore. Besides, I'm obsessed with my sheets. I am tossing around the idea of getting 2 of those green Euro shams though...Thoughts?

If you need help with more of a visual, we have the PB Farmhouse Bedroom Collection. It makes for a tall bed that needs a low hanging comforter! I believe that the masculine lines in our existing furniture combined with our blue walls will help keep the floral pattern in the comforter from being too girly. Plus, I like the idea of throwing all the boring brown duvet ( I will say that I love the texture) out the window since the rest of our house has many punches of color. I like color and as my budget allows, I want more of it!

Once the bed is good and sleep worthy again, this Ballard Design mirror will  be my next item of purchase(thank goodness I have a killer discount):

No comments: