Wednesday, March 6, 2013

antique finds

I kid you not. I nearly jumped out of my shoes when I saw this milk glass pendulum scale. It's dirty and needs a wipe down and the brass needs to be shined big time but I'm obsessed.
I didn't realize I had an eagle theme to the things I was taking to the register one at a time until I got to the counter to pay out. I laughed outloud when the lady behind the register pointed my theme out to me.

$20 (I found the exact same one via Google on some auctioneer website that estimated it's worth between $300-400! Crazy random! They say, "
Made by the famous furniture company Tell City Furniture in Iowa, in business since 1880, this large and gorgeous mirror is 21” wide and 40” long. It's from the mid-1970s.")
Oooooo seeing my baby in the mirror makes me miss him. Meh. I can't wait to get back home. I'm such a homebody these days. I'm not loving my job when it requires traveling overnight anymore. Lee made it easier for me by taking care of things when I'm away. I miss sharing tasks. Especially the little things, like going to the grocery store.
I'm not sure what I'll do with the mirror but I liked the shape and brass detail. I may sand and stain it or spray it a fun color. I  don't know yet. I'm not crazy about the painted detail that's on it now.
Next door I found a couple of other things. Nothing wild but def sweet. I have no plans for them right now but I couldn't pass them up.

$3.50 (How cute would this be in a little boy's room!?)
$1 (I love the little dot detail and you can't tell against our red rug but the lace is a very pale pink.)

No comments: