Wednesday, March 27, 2013

good day & bev dispensers

I remember listening to Paul Harvey in the car with my dad on the way to school every morning. I would mock his "Good Day" at the end every.single.time with a smirk thinking I was too cool. This post isn't about Paul Harvey but I think of those silly adolescent moments riding to school with my dad when I hear about someone having a good day. Random, I know.
Can you believe it, y'all? Today makes 300 days since Lee reported for duty for this dang deployment. I just want to take a moment and scream at the top of my lungs. Do you think my office mate would mind?

I shared with you the possibility of Lee coming home for Nana's funeral HERE yesterday but I didn't share what went through my mind in those 2 hours before I heard that his leave wasn't approved for the funeral.

I went 90 to nothing making calls and following procedure to get Lee home as soon as I received the call about Nana and after I talked to Lee. I took no time to process anything. It wasn't until Lee called to tell me about his denied leave and then me calling his momma to let her know Lee wouldn't be coming home for the funeral so she could proceed with setting a date for the service the next morning that I began to process what could have happened.

In those 2 hours I tidied up like a crazy person around the house. In my heart I was preparing for my hubby's welcome home the best way I could considering the circumstances. His mom and I had just made18 large red, white and blue bows made for mailboxes over the wknd and I had 92 American flags on standby in the closet to line our cul-de-sac for when he returned home but not everything always happens according to plan. And I was perfectly OK with that but I was nervous. I was excited. I was panic stricken to get everything and myself perfect. I had a heavy heart for Lee not being able to see Nana one last time like I did. I was anxious as all get out. Will he like what I have done to the house while he has been gone? Will he still be attracted to me? Will we still have that undeniable chemistry? Do I have time to run to the grocery store and stock up on his favorite foods? Which airport will he need to be picked up?! So many thoughts were going through my head a mile a minute.

When it was all said and done. When the verdict was in that he wasn't coming. With a little perspiration from running the vacuum cleaner, dusting, Windex'ing windows, sweeping the kitchen, folding laundry, making phone calls, etc in a 2 hr span...I finally just sat and stared at the wall in our bedroom after finishing my last call for the night with Lee. Then I did what any girl would do. I called my momma and daddy and cried. I cried for everything and everyone. And it felt good.

I can only imagine the emotion for Lee's actual Homecoming. Ha! I'm sure it will be much of the same but less so since I've been planning and preparing for months. I think that may have been a lot of my anxiety since I worry so much about making everything perfect and you could say last week totally threw me for a loop.

AND in preparation for his big homecoming party-I scored two stools on clearance at Hobby Lobby for a couple beverage dispensers I got for $20 each at Garden Ridge. Love them. I had been checking out a couple at Pottery Barn but strongly prefer the prices I scored yesterday for both much better.


Charlie and Stacy said...

I can't even imagine how hard it is to be away from each other for that long. His homecoming will be here before you know it, and I'm so excited for you!!

P.S. I kind of love those beverage dispensers!

Erin said...

Thanks for your sweet words. As you know I'm more than a little excited. Love you lots:)