Wednesday, April 24, 2013

humongous news

Lee is stateside.
Can you believe it? We did it!
Excited does not begin to describe how I am feeling right now. I slept like a rock for the first time in months last night. I felt so much more at ease knowing my hubby is out of a combat zone.
    (Deployment Ceremony 2012)

I haven't been able to tell too many people that he's been traveling for security reasons and it has been eating me alive. Seriously. I've been like the cat that swallowed the canary at work. I brought cupcakes to work on Monday and just told everyone that it's going to be a really good week. They didn't think twice about it because I randomly bring baked goods to work but this week I was screaming with good news in my head.  
This good news is also another reason why I have been somewhat distant from blog world as of late. He was supposed to leave Afghanistan a couple of weeks ago and then the departure date was postponed. I have done so well by not getting my hopes up because I now know that with the Army nothing is set in stone until it happens. And it's happening!!!
Fingers crossed demobilization goes super fast so we can welcome him home sooner than later!

No comments: