Monday, October 15, 2012

(shower) curtain reveal

We have a HUGE picture window in our dining room. We had been using the window coverings that were left for us when we bought the house since they're custom but even as thick as they are, heat and cold air still migrates through them. Remember I added my own flare to them HERE
I've been on a dining room curtain search for a bit but all the quality ikat fabric I would find was too much for my pocketbook. I wasn't giving up easily on having curtains with pizazz so you can imagine my excitement when the wheels in my head started rolling when I walked into a Bed Bath and Beyond shower curtain sale that had the prettiest blue ikat pattern.  I bought 4 to add length and width, added blackout fabric, ribbon trim and we came up with this:
Closer look?
Love them!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous colours and ingenious. Love it.

Tamsyn said...

These look amazing, I can't believe they're shower curtains!!

Erin said...

Thank you, Tamsyn! The fabric is really thick too so it worked out perfectly.