Monday, April 5, 2010

Prize Egg

Easter was spent with Lee's family. In between baking, coloring eggs and rearranging Nana's furniture, I found myself in my mother-in-law's basement! Jan passed her beautiful punch bowl and glass wear onto me and let me scour her hidden treasures that Lee calls, "junk".
I found the most adorable little drums and a vintage camera that I couldn't pass up. I've already found the perfect place to display both of these items in our house and they are nesting there now. Included in the score, I got an old Barnum and Bailey vintage metal sign but I'll save that for another post. I brought home a couple of old windows...not sure what I'm going to do with those yet...I'm especially excited about finding an old wooden oar! Pottery Barn has a look-alike in this size selling for $99. Again, not sure what I'm going to do with it but I have one! The chairs I found are in need of some much needed TLC. I'll be painting them a bold color and completely redoing a weave rush seat. Pottery Barn has a brown look-alike on sale for $349. Any tips on redoing the weave seat? Thank goodness for Google...

2 comments:

ashley morgan said...

I love the windows! My husband has a window company, so I make him bring me people's old windows when he replaces them. I have quite a stack going, so I need to hurry and do something with them. I have a few different ideas. Can't wait to see what you do with yours!

Erin said...

That is awesome! I'm sure you have plenty. I think I'll look forward to seeing what you do with them first. haha You've prob had more time to dwell on it than me:)