Thursday, December 8, 2011

THE PRESENT HOUSE

In the back of my head I was thinking, "How cool would it be if..."
As we drove near campus to find the house hosting this year's holiday party for my sorority's alum chapter last night, I squealed when I realized we were in fact going inside the house I always admired throughout college during the holidays. The Present House never disappointed and always adorned a big red bow at Christmas time. This house is a holiday campus legend to me. Pumped to learn the home owner is a "sister" and trying not to pee my pants from the excitement, Lee and I were warmly welcomed inside and given a home tour. I thoroughly enjoyed the tour and we both had a GREAT time meeting so many new faces.

Highlighted Favorites from The Present House:
The O' so cozy screened in porch off the master bedroom
Snow and those cute holiday homes all lit up on top of the grand piano in the sitting room
Extra-large black and white custom upholstered gingham sectional in the family room
Original black and white tile in the upstairs bathroom (same used in a popular bldg on campus)
Black frames w/ white mats lining the entire staircase from past family trips to the beach
Art. So much art with display lights!















*I learned that several bows have been bought over the years due to Winter storms. The ribbon appears super shiny almost like patent leather up close. Bought in large spools, it is then fashioned together in the shape of a bow by use of chicken wire and stapled to the house for perfection!

No comments: