Monday, December 19, 2011

weekend deets

On Saturday, Lee and I jumped up to drive South near my hometown to see an old family friend's daughter get married. It was an incredibly sweet and simple country wedding. The love was so wildly evident between the two.













That evening we celebrated Taylor's birthday at a steak place on the lake and then headed to a local comedy club. We had a hoot and holler'n good time!

Hey! I finally finished my Christmas shopping. I'm incredibly excited about my little cousin's gift. After helping with Project Elf, I know what her age group likes and I got one:













I usually have my Christmas shopping all knocked out weeks before the holiday but not this year. I did manage to pawn a few gifts on Lee to pick out so hopefully he gets that done this week since he has so much downtime. He's using some personal time this week to get an extra long break before the madness of the holiday. Can you believe the time has come? I can't believe he's leaving so soon after the New Year for training. He worked his last "civilian" day this past Friday and won't return to his civilian job until his deployment concludes and even then it will be after he's finished his leave time from being deployed. How am I doing? I.Shop.
I found some boots. Remember I bought THESE and then returned them because they weren't a good fit? I bought these suede babies yesterday:










I am wearing them today with the flap up to make them even more tall. Good price, TOO! I may get them in different color in leather next time. I still want a great pair of riding type boots but haven't quite found the right pair yet.
Cheers to a 4 day work week!

No comments: