Monday, January 9, 2012

passed

Lee passed his APFT! (aka PT, aka fitness test) APFT = Army Physical Fitness Test.
Soldiers are required to take a physical fitness test at least twice per year and at the beginning of every training course they attend.
There are three events that are measured in the PT: push-ups, sit-ups, and a timed two-mile run. Soldiers are required to score a minimum of 60 points on each event. Depending on your age and gender, your scores are tallied up. See score chart HERE for Lee's age.
Anyway, Lee passed. He always does well but he was a bit worried because the altitude isn't what he's used to at home. He's been able to get in a few runs since arriving so he felt more prepared and like I said-He passed!
First weekend with Lee gone was a success. I had planned well in advance to keep myself busy. After work on Friday I took off for my hometown to see my mom and dad. I grabbed Coop and off we went. My copilot:




















I got to their house in time to have dinner with my grandparents that had come over to see me too! Early Saturday morning we left town to do some shopping in Dallas with the girls in my family, with the exception of sweet Gunner. He didn't care for shoe shopping but he did thoroughly enjoy seeing his reflection in the mirror:




















We had Mexican food for lunch and I loved the restaurant's tile. I took a pic to place into my inspiration folder:

I found some earrings to wear in Mal's wedding at the end of this month:
Speaking of weddings, I don't remember if I've posted this before or not, but I haven't deleted it from my phone because I love it so much. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy. Cheers to ombre flowers:

Have a good Monday, ya'll!

No comments: