Yes, Lee's flight arrived on time and we wasted no time. I wholeheartedly love this man for everything he is. So glad God gave him to me. Isn't he dreamy?
10 Really Good Things to Remember from the Weekend:
- Mal & James picked me up from the airport. We had a great time hanging out-just us. We chowed down on Mexican food and I gave James a hard time about his side of their ENORMOUS closet. Mal color coded his side and I can conclude that he thoroughly enjoys a good polo shirt.
- Getting to hear Mal & James tell me about their wedding day gifts to one another was extra special. James couldn't wait to show me his gift to Mal as soon as she left the room. They are truly a match made in heaven. They both have the best sense of humor and make you laugh until it hurts. It was really cool to see the softer side of James and see him so smitten for Mal.
- Hotel ZaZa was a great wedding venue. I was upgraded to a balcony room! We had lunch at the hotel prior to checking into our rooms and enjoyed a mimosa to toast the beginning of an eventful weekend. That yummy lunch was only a prelude to all the other delicious food we were served while there. Yummy!
- It was fantastic to see so many of my college girlfrans together again. We had a blast being silly girls at the great rehearsal dinner too. AND the hors d'oeuvres prior to the dinner at The Petroleum Club were equally great. The crab cakes and egg rolls rank way up there for me. Lobster bisque and prime rib helped fill our very full menu for the evening. Best part: Dessert. (Pecan Ball)
- Pecan Ball needs it's own bullet point. Rather than having a groom's cake at the wedding, the groom's dessert was served at the rehearsal dinner. It's a ball of vanilla ice cream covered in pecans. A server then asks if you prefer butterscotch or chocolate sauce. What did I say? I said, "Both of course".
- The speeches to follow the pecan balls were super sweet. Finished by James telling Mallory how beautiful she looked that evening and how excited he was to marry her the next day. Awe!