Monday, April 16, 2012

weekend deets

I nearly got blown away by a tornado. Maybe that was a little dramatic of a statement. I'll back up...

We were doomed for bad weather a week in advance. As soon a I returned from Alabama, I was preparing for the bad weather expected for Friday evening. As soon as it started raining near my office, I took note and headed home early for my 45 minute drive. As I was getting close, a tornado warning signaled and I heard that a tornado was minutes away from MY house. Yes, a tornado had made contact with the ground. I panicked and made a detour to the most local covering I could find-the airport garage.
I waited it out to see what the tornado was going to do and then finally headed home in blankets of rain.
I was up pretty late watching the news and "on-go" (as many Oklahomans are during tornado season) until the wee hours of the night and into the morning. So I ordered the rug mentioned HERE.
I woke up early to get Coop to the groomer. I then headed home to unload the 4 bags of soil that I didn't unload the night before. I pulled weeds, trimmed rose bushes and pruned dead branches, etc. I went to Lowes to buy 7 more bags of soil. When I got home I spread all 11 bags of soil in our front flowerbed on the side of the house. Dumb wheel on the wheelbarrow was flat so I had to carry those extra big bagged suckers. I then jumped in the shower and waited for the wife of one our salesmen (that is international right now) to pick up his commission check. (And it wasn't even 10am yet!)
After "making the drop" with the check I raced to Target to gather groceries but only because I was completely out and picked up Cooper on my way home. When we got home I went mama bear crazy when I saw blood on Cooper's paw!

Needless to say a call was made to the groomer...I would have felt much better if it had been brought to my attention upon passing my baby back to me rather than discovering the wound myself. His claw had been cut to short. I cleaned it up and he was happy as a clam.

After not getting much sleep the night before and knowing we would be up late with bad weather again-We took a 4 hour nap.
Good thing because we were up till 5am watching the weather with a bag packed near the door if we should need to seek underground shelter. Fortunately we only had thunderstorms that night but in other areas lives were lost do to tornadoes dropping down. Look at the size of hail one of my friends posted on FB!

I slept in! When I woke up I slapped on a hat and went to my favorite place in town. It's a local garden center/greenhouse feels like home with chickens running around at my feet. You gather flowers on a little red wagon and drag it to the front to checkout when your happy with your selection. It's so peaceful and beautiful there. Love it. I bought 4 white Bombshell Hydrangeas and 2 perennial filler plants that I love and can't remember the name of...
Bombshells look like this:

After finishing up in the yard (for now) I headed to the nail place and got a mani/pedi.

Lee and I Skype-churched and I remained horizontal on the couch for the rest of the evening.

Today? I'm shopping for storm shelters.


charmaine said...

Tornadoes are pretty scary! Glad you're ok. Stay safe!

Erin said...

Thanks! Hopefully we will have NO more:)