Wednesday, October 26, 2011

525,600

Maybe it’s my love for “the arts”. I don’t know. My expression can best be displayed in a song today. (I type this in true dramatic form with a hint of sarcasm.)


Seasons of Love: Rent (the musical)
525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear.
525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?
In daylights, in sunsets, in midnights, in cups of coffee.
In inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife.
In 525,600 minutes - how do you measure a year in the life?
How about love? How about love? How about love? Measure in love.
Seasons of love.

I was thinking about where we were this time last year and where we’ll be this time next year. I was thinking about Lee being gone for a year and how much time will be lost. Then I started thinking that time won’t be lost-just time lost being together. A dear friend pointed out that we’re laying the groundwork for our future. And then the final chorus plays:

“…the story never ends let's celebrate remember a year in the life of friends.”

No comments: