Thursday, October 13, 2011

in my kitchen

It’s no secret I like dishes so when mom was about to get rid of (yes, get rid of) her solid white dishes with a wannabe milk glass resemblance to the edges, I raised my hand and maybe slighting yelped, “Wait, I want them!” I could easily see these babies used for wedding & baby showers or simply any ole reason to have a party with our friends. She gave me a set of 16! Bring on the parties! I love kitchens that display all white dishes. We have other dishes, yes. And I love them, but who can resist more?! OK. Maybe a lot of people, but not me! White dish envy:



























I only just got them so they might be moved around a bit before finding a perfect placement, but here’s my quick attempt before Lee got home to meet the new alarm system guy:




















I’ve been quite domestic this week. My pal, Taylor would be proud. She is the best cook and could prob cook a 5 star meal from an Easy Bake Oven. I baked over the weekend. I have prepared Lee’s lunch 3 out of 4 days this week and cooked dinner a couple of time. Don’t laugh about that one. I rarely feel like cooking dinner after fighting traffic for an hour to get home after work every day. If I want any time to do something like go to the gym or walk Cooper, it’s too late to start cooking so we have a fend for yourself policy on most nights. We do a lot of casseroles that I prepare, freeze and pop in the oven to bake. However, some weeks I get a wild hair to cook! I made a yummy fajita steak and taco meat salad earlier this week that Lee gobbled up:




















Tonight I plan on doing a meatloaf, mashed taters and green beans while Lee takes an exam. Did I tell you he’s working on his MBA? Well, he is.

1 comment:

Lindsay Swoboda said...

I adore all white dishes! I have a set myself, only ours are square. But they have such a clean look to them, and are GREAT to present food on! Everything just looks a bit tastier that way...