Friday, October 28, 2011

tgif

Don’t drop a full bottle of nail polish remover on the bathroom tile because the cap will break and flood your floor with the smelly stuff. This happened to me during my “hurry up gotta leave the house so I’m not late for work” moment this morning. I have those moments nearly every morning. That’s normal, right? Everyone does, right?

Cooper steals my spot in the mornings and hates it when I turn the light on and run around like a crazy person (his hair looks like mine in the mornings):




















Today at work we’re having some kind of Employee Appreciation Day and then I’m picking up one of our sales guy’s from the airport. He’s been in Dubai, Singapore, etc for the last few weeks and his wifey has a conflict today so I volunteered to take him to her since this will allow me to get the rest of the day off work! TGIF!

After I drop him off, I’m headed to the grocery store to load up on yummies. We’re having a 3 family garage sale at our house tomorrow and a cookout later to watch the game. I’m excited for a fun busy day with a houseful of peeps. My menu:

Smoked Brisket & Pork Loin
Grilled Foot Long Dogs
Tay’s Tater Salad
Baked Beans
Queso and Tostito Rounds
Cowboy Queso and Fritos
Relish Tray (assorted pickles and olives)
Strawberries and Cream (cream consists of whipped cream cheese and honey)
Cupcakes
Tea, water, BYOB, and Tay’s Margaritas (Has oranges in it, yum!)

Crockpot Queso Recipe:
Velveeta
Rotel
Jimmy Dean “breakfast” sausage
Add milk as needed to keep it from getting too thick
(I’ll be doubling everything to make a big batch of it)

Cowboy Queso Recipe:
2 cups of shredded cheese
1 cup of lite sour cream
1 cup of FF mayo
Large handful of chopped green onion
1 can of drained Rotel (I like mild)
1 can of fiesta corn
The handyman is headed to the house as I type this to wainscot our dining room. I’ll see you on Monday with pictures!

No comments: