Thursday, September 6, 2012

last night rewind

My first night of photography class was a success.  I know there is a lot left to learn but I already feel like I have learned so much! There's only 10 or 11 peeps in the class so our instructor can go around the room and show us different settings on each of our cameras as we move along since not everyone has the same camera. Last night we went over metering, focus and frame, ISO, aperture and more. I even have a homework assignment! Fingers crossed I shoot this magic one day:
After class when my favorite redhead Kristin and I went to leave she told me she had something for me. She's letting me borrow a book she finished and loved. I've been wanting to read it ever since she told me about how good it was so I'm excited to borrow it.
THEN she gave me the sweetest gift. Her mom had knitted me a prayer shawl and it.is.beautiful. I was blown away. Honestly, I didn't even know what a prayer shawl was when she gave it to me but I couldn't help but pet it-it's soooo soft! Kristin explained that her mom made it special for me and that it's to remind me that her family continues to pray for Lee and I both during this deployment and especially for his safety and my strength. I barely know Kristin's sweet mama as I've only met her once but to know that someone cares about Lee's well being and hasn't even met him-means the world to me and moved me beyond words. Agh! Makes me cry just typing this. I'm such a weenie.
I rocked the shawl around the house last night in my pj's and wrapped myself up in it as I watched TV.
I googled prayer shawls this morning and this is what I found:
They wrap, enfold, comfort, cover, give solace,
mother, hug, shelter and beautify.
Those who have received these shawls have been 
uplifted and affirmed, as if given wings to 
fly above their troubles..."
I'm not sure what happened to my picture I took last night from my phone. I'll take one on my fancy camera for ya soon.

I didn't get a call from Lee last night but I guess he sent me this msg after breakfast. Very iimportant information:
Ha! Now I need to figure out what the heck "hard" ordered eggs mean!

No comments: