Wednesday, August 8, 2012

army wife life

I can hardly stand the wait. This time next week Lee will be headed home for a few days of R&R before we say our farewells for a very long time! Our incredibly sweet friends and family have responded very well to my request for letters, cards, etc. By this I mean the surprise I'm hiding in Lee's rucksack. He should find it when he arrives in Afghanistan and unpacks. Cute idea, huh? I think so. This pic doesn't even include the daily devotional book my cousin sent or the thank you art our friend's kindergartners made for Lee.
As excited as I am, the anticipation of what all these days mean to us both are overwhelming. I don't know if I want to jump on the bed and squeal like it's Christmas morning or bury my head in the sand to cry. Everyday seems like a new challenge to be my pre deployment self. I hate sounding like a drama queen but I keep visualizing our goodbyes at the airport and it all seems overly dramatic. Feel likes someone else's life. Like watching a movie. Is this really happening? An extremely happy visit and also terribly heartbreaking. This come home and leave soon after thing is for the birds.
I'm scared. I'm nervous. I'm sad. I'm happy and thrilled to get this chapter behind us and start a new when he returns. I find myself fixating on the smallest of things too.
Making a grocery list.
My work outfits for the following week.
Countdown to finding out the gender of my bestie's baby...

Anyway...that's the latest and greatest. Surely this phase will pass soon.
Thank goodness for things like this to make you smile:

No comments: