Monday, August 6, 2012

weekend deets

I spent time at the lake house this past weekend. On the way there I totally saw a fella calling his cattle wearing only boots and undies. Def a highlight of the weekend. It was too funny.
Mom and dad had dinner waiting for me when I got there Friday night. Pork loin, cheesy jalapeno potatoes and black eyed peas. It was yum.

On Saturday morning Mom, Grandma, Aunt Carol, Aunt Sherry and my cousins Brandi and Kaylor all went to Texas to do some shopping.
While they shopped for clothes in the mall I got a makeover. Ha! I dig makeup more than clothes. I finally tried the Laura Mercier's foundation and concealer I have been wanting to try. Huge fan now. Great coverage but still feels like skin and not a heavy mask. I bought that and another jar of Makeup Forever's finishing powder because I'm almost out.
But of course home decor is my thing too.
On the way to the mall Saturday morning I had told mom that it would be awesome if she could find the coral she was looking for in a ticking stripe for the guestroom at the lake. And we found it at Dillard's! She got a bed skirt and throw pillow in the ticking stripe. She also found a throw in the same color coral. Score! 

At HomeGoods we found some great pillows for the room Lee and I claim at the lake.

Mom got a great lamp with little fishies on the base too.




















I found a few things for our house-house. 2 new blue vases from HomeGoods and a blue pillow from World Market.

On Sunday we celebrated my cousin's baby boy's birthday! The cowboy themed party was incredibly cute. My cousin made a big #one to decorate the end of the driveway. LOVED this:

My cousin's better half took all of the birthday boy's boots and made centerpieces out of them!

She found some clear plastic balls and stuffed them with candy for party favors. They looked adorable wrapped up in bandannas and tied with twine all piled together in a washtub:

Gunner's cakes were pretty darn cute.

Grandma recovered his highchair for the party and you can see it in this picture of Gunner stuffing his face with birthday cake. Love this kid.


No comments: