Wednesday, February 15, 2012

bedroom action

I still love our new Kate Spade comforter but I'm hoping to soften it up a bit so it's not so bright in there. It's just too much right now with the curtains and comforter and blah blah blah. It's time to go to the next layer. Money doesn't grow on my trees so these things take time it you're like me and have champagne taste on a beer budget...or tend to be a bit of a tightwad...
I was looking through my inspiration files and on my way to the bedroom folder, I found this pic in my bathroom folder(strange detour, right?):




















I love how glitzy but simple this bathroom looks. I've always drooled over that mirror too. Lately, I've been obsessing over Venetian mirrors. I would hang one above one of our nightstands and frame a piece of art on the other side so it's not so matchy-match.
I started my picky search trying to find just the right venetian style that would trip my trigger and then I found THE ONE! If it's not the exact same mirror it is a def replica! With free shipping to boot, I'll be buying this soon. Like very soon.




















The next layer will be to find a white coverlet/quilt & sham set to layer on the bed. I will then fold our loud comforter at the end of the bed. A majority of my bedroom inspire pix display all white bedding with a pop of color folded at the end of the bed.

O and wouldn't it be amaze balls to be gifted a white juju hat to go in there too? I would center it above the bed like these guys did:


No comments: